Monday, July 31, 2006

Hot Like (A) Robot












When I first heard this song my immediate comparison was Jawbox meets Rocket From the Crypt. I'm a huge fan of both of those bands so this one gets the Monday "kick me in the pants with rock stuff" feature. I write these reviews the night before they go on so please be assured I will be in my office hungover as you read this. Beer count is at 9. This band could probably be any band but for some reason I hear more in them. I usually shy away from southern California bands. I call it the Red Hot Chilli Pepper syndrome. These guys, however, sound more like home with a midwestern dry tank local 'rust belt' feel in their sound. Please don't ask me to say that 3 times in a row or explain anything regarding my above mentioned statement. You will get a blank stare.













Hot Like (A) Robot
are four musicians from San Diego, California. There really is not much of a bio on the band website. I was reluctant to feature this since they have around 47,000 page hits on their MySpace page but once I heard more songs there it was a done deal. In other words, this band is really good. They are signed to the Skeleton Crew label which gave me more hesitation. Either it is truly a post-hardcore label or a front for straight edge, emo or christian related bands... I can't figure it out. Regardless, I highly recommend this song as download material and the other songs you can hear on the Hot Like (A) Robot website. I don't want this to come off as backhanded in any way. I am only giving my honest opinion. These guys rock. I hope you like the drunken review.



























MP3: Zombies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's great to see that you like HLAR! They are a really worthy band and good to see others recognize it. While all the band spent their teens San Diego, some spent formative years in the mid-atlantic region. Maybe that's the regional crossover.