Saturday, July 15, 2006

Russian Spy Camera



























The past few days have been good here with some extra nice shoegaze bands but in the spirit of mixing things up a bit, I wanted to bring something highly energetic to the table. I've got a ton of stuff to do tomorrow and will only have to drink one Red Bull and click on the group to hear this for a kickstart to my day. This is a great song that lands somewhere between the stylings of several bands I like. I can't put my finger on any one comparison and I think that's a good thing. There was an interesting Dutch review of the band by Heet Stof that you should check out for sure.



















Russian Spy Camera
is the duo of Ryan White and drummer Andy Turner (with the possibility of a third member soon.) They are based in Athens, Georgia and have a very recent release in You Are a Vulture. There are 3 more songs on the band's MySpace page and you can hear much more on the Russian Spy Camera website. They are listed as being on Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records and all you have to do to purchase the new release for $10.99 (that includes shipping) is visit their store. All songs that I heard are very good and catchy.













MP3: Curanderismo

No comments: