Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturna













Since we were in Portland yesterday (music-wise, that is), I decided it would be best to stay there for another band that is completely different. I was searching around for other PDX bands and stumbled upon some great music that reminds me of the early 90s. This song actually made me think of everything from the obvious in Jesus & Mary Chain and Love & Rockets to early Urge Overkill and even KISS!! Well... I might be joking about KISS (kind of). Anyway, the dirty guitars are a wonderful listen and well worth a feature here.













It's not clear from the Saturna bio when they were actually formed but in a few other reviews I read, it was mentioned that they've been around for a few years. I'm not one to guess so I'll just tell you that today's song is from their debut six-song CD ...All Night. It is available from CD Baby for $7.99 USD and each of the three songs I heard has a slightly different sound. Some are more shoegazey while others (like this one) are straight-up indie rock. All three were really good. There is a MySpace page to hear more but downloading from there is always a pain in the ass, so I recommend a visit to the Saturna website for this and another song.

MP3: Just For Thrills

No comments: