Monday, July 03, 2006

Terrene














Back to normal business since I actually have to go into the office for a bit today... The summer is full on now and what better way to start off a holiday week than to feature a crisp, clean indie spacerock band that brings the season to your senses? I found this one while browsing the friends list of a favorite band on our combined MySpace friends list. It's one of the many ways I track down music. Good bands usually have good bands as friends, that's a given, but this one was really nice. If you go to the Terrene MySpace page you will find that all of the songs are about as radio-friendly as it gets. I picked this one because the energetic percussion brought me to the edge of my chair while listening. It's all good stuff.













Terrene is based in Seattle, Washington and has been around in its current form since 2003. John Dylan is behind it all after spending the late 90s writing music under a different banner. They released a full-length CD, The Indifferent Universe in 2004 but for some reason I couldn't find where to purchase it. The band is (amazingly enough) not signed to a label, so you might have to contact them directly. If you go to the Terrene website there are more songs and news. You can also pick up this nifty glow-in-the-dark t-shirt there.














MP3: Media Sift (Through Heart Rises)

No comments: