Friday, August 18, 2006

Kings & Queens












Photo by Simon Weller

Well... It's my 37th birthday today so I have a fun fact for you. August 18th 1969 was the last day of the original Woodstock Festival. It was Jimi Hendrix who took to the stage at 9:30 that morning and I was born by noon the very same day. Kinda funny I suppose, but coincidence? I don't think so. Anyway, I have wanted to post this band for a week now and finally found the right day to do so. The musicians I presented to you on the group yesterday reside just outside of L.A. County so you will need to travel 435 miles up the coast to Northern California for today's featured artists. From their location you might get the mental picture of driving on an open desert road with this song... but no no not me. I have 2:30 in the morning with city street lights passing me by into a glow while I rip through traffic in my Mazda. Speaking of driving, that's exactly what this song does. The tension builds perfectly and never lets you loose. Now get yourself ready for link city!















Kings & Queens
is primarily the music of Richard Good (not to be confused with Rick Good of Rhythm in Shoes fame.) The band was once the Indiana Experiment and before that The Pleased. You should definitely check out the Kings and Queens website for more to see and hear. They also have a Journal that is well worth the read on their site. I spent a while meandering through it (... stalker). You can download this song as well as another from the band's MySpace page. Also make sure to add them to friends. I did it straight away. You can buy the Kings & Queens 6 song EP for $6 dollars via PayPal and from what I listened to, all songs are as good as the feature here. Ooooh, I almost forgot. They also have a YouTube video for another song. Have fun and check the comments there.













Photo by Simon Weller

MP3: Kings Theme

No comments: