Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yoyoyo Acapulco















Well, the day is here and by the time most of you read this Michelle will be sitting in a airplane watching crappy Disney and/or Sandra Bullock light romance movies and eating airline food somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. That's right, the group/blog Social Director (the big boss) is shirking her responsibilities at the BBC and traveling from London to make life roses for yours truly during the next few weeks. I was watching her pack her case last evening via webcam while I cleaned my place and had today's featured music playing. I decided to post this band since they are sooo much fun and can stand on their own without any elaborate description on my part. The only comparison I can make is to a 90's favorite in the Louisiana outfit Squirrel Nut Zippers. Give me a song that starts with a Kazoo chorus and I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever have. This rocks out and any time an artist lists Black Flag as an influence, they score major points with me!! The following is a quote from the band bio...

"Yoyoyo Acapulco is a four piece band making songs with an old organ, some purple drums, a bass, kazoo, glockenspiel and one white ukulele. On top of this is the male or female voice of a male or female, making tunes you can dance, sing, sit or drink to. It is a quite new band, with its roots deeply hiding in the dark 90's with former members of One Less Star and Magnetic Silver Sleeves."
















Yoyoyo Acapulco
is the quartet of Arne Martin Barlund (ukulele, vocals, guitar, glockenspiel, kazoo, percussion), Hans Sigbjørn Karlsen (organ, handclaps, cowbell, shouts), Ruth Mari Barlund (bass, percussion., kazoo, vocals) and Kenneth Melbø (drums, percussion) from Vestre Gausdal, Norway. If you check the Yoyoyo Acapulco Myspace there are 3 more great songs for your listening pleasure. The band has a spot on this Norwegian Music Site that doubles as an official website, but since I don't know the language I cannot explain anything further. They are booked to play their next concert on the 22nd of October at Samfunnshuset where they will present some new material. Also, before I finish here, there is also a YouTube Video to check out. This is a really great band but from the above quote they mention drinking to their music. I'll have to drink them under the table some day. Yes...all four of them.

























MP3: Kamasutra Tsunami

No comments: