Friday, June 02, 2006

Staggering Statistics














In an attempt to present more music from Ohio in the group, I decided on Cincinnati, Ohio based Staggering Statistics for today's feature. The band was founded in 2002 by one of The Afghan Whigs' founding members and bass player John Curley. In the band biog and a couple of other reviews I read of a wide assortment of musical comparisons, but I couldn't completely agree with any of them. This is simply solid indie rock that has a lasting effect I would want in my permanent record collection. No frills needed.

















The Staggering Statistics website has some basic information on the June 6 (next week) release All This And More. You can purchase this new full-length LP at their local Cincinnati label Shake-It-Records. Also visit the band's MySpace page to hear more. I almost forgot... John Curley owns Ultrasuede Studios in Cinci. If you're an Afghan Whigs fan you'll have some idea of the coolness that was recorded there.



















MP3: Winner Take All

No comments: