Tuesday, May 23, 2006

(The Sounds of) Kaleidoscope














Washington, D.C. is a hotbed for music and I spend far too little time visiting that town in search of it. For some reason it falls off the radar and I have no idea why. (The sounds of) Kaleidoscope are a shoegaze-tastic (I know I know) band from that area that had me going through as many songs as I could find today in my office. Somewhere between really good psych-rock and MBV is where I would place what I heard. Some of the songs are a heavier rock sound that you might really like. I featured this one because it fit well for today. Damien C. Taylor is the main man of the operation. He started the band in 1995 and the lineup continues to change, or so I read.














The first full-length release is titled From Where You Were to How You Got There and came out in February of this year. It would be available from Hackshop Records, were it not for the fact that that site, as well as the (The Sounds Of) Kaleidoscope website (where - at least, when you can get on there - you can find a live video to check out.) Instead you will have to visit their MySpace page for more music and info. Shoegaze-tastic... I had to say that again to be ridiculous.

This was truly a good find!! Gotta love the wall of guitar sound. Enjoy.

MP3: New Language

No comments: