Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ladyhawk



















The Jagjaguwar label is based in Indiana and has some great bands. I featured Patrick Phelan a while back and decided to revisit that website to listen to some of the other bands there. I originally passed on Ladyhawk when I was music searching. Something about these bearded woodsy looking guys that led me to believe I would be listening to acoustic guitars, and that really wasn't what I was looking for. I was wrong for sure. This Vancouver, Canada four-piece reminds me of a folky version of Dinosaur Jr. crossed with another band from the late 80's I cant quite place. The debut self-titled release comes out on June 6, 2006. Also check the Ladyhawk website for news and tour dates.
























As in most cases, they have a MySpace page you can visit to hear more songs... tis very good guitar rock imo.















MP3: The Dugout

No comments: