Friday, April 14, 2006

The Twilight Singers
















Once upon a time (a very long time ago...don't ask) I was getting ready to start school at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. One night I made my way into a small punk rock club where a band was playing upstairs. I went up to find four guys on stage playing Pink Floyd covers to a mostly empty room. I stuck around for three or four songs but that was all I could take. It was awful. The name of that band? The Afghan Whigs from Cincinnati, Ohio. It's kind of funny now, seeing as they are one of my favorite bands of all time.






















At the end of the 90s, during record contract disputes and after the Afghans dissolved, front man Greg Dulli formed The Twilight Singers. Since then there have been 3 LPs, an EP and Greg Dulli's solo release, AmberHeadlights, in 2005. The lineup of the band changes frequently and with every new release. The song Bonnie Brae is from the new LP Powder Burns that will be in stores May 16, 2006. It is also available from the band's label One Little Indian. This is one of the more well known artists I've featured here, but the song was so good I couldn't resist. The music of Greg Dulli is always a favorite for me. I think most every girl I've dated has said the same thing about him... that he's got the worst voice they've ever heard, but also the sexiest. Check The Twilight Singers MySpace page to hear more also.

MP3: Bonnie Brae

No comments: