Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Katie the Pest



















I think it's because I grew up listening to crappy cassette tapes I mixed on an old boom box, but the lo-fi thing never really appealed to me. After hearing today's band, however, I must admit that a great exception was made on my part. Mary Suzuki and Tonia Rose make up the Pasadena, CA duo Katie the Pest. With only one guitar, drums and a ton of reverb they had this sceptic giving their music repeated listens.
























Check the Katie the Pest website for more songs off the 2005 release This Giant Will Kill You. Also check the online store there... Some unique items such as a flower brooch and candy are available. And, as ever, they have a MySpace page for you to check out also.
























MP3: Sober

No comments: