Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bishop Allen















Most blogs I've visited recently have done something on this New York City band so I thought I'd feature them here also. Christian Rudder and Justin Rice met in Cambridge, Mass. during college where they formed the punk band Pissed-Officers. I read in an old NPR review about them that a favorite pastime was throwing furniture off the roof of the apartment they inhabited at the time. (damn I miss college). That apartment was located on Bishop Allen Drive, which ended up being the inspiration for the current band name. If you check their website you will find the current EP entitled February. This is one of twelve EPs that are to be released this year. Yes you heard me correctly. One per month!! Bishop Allen is also on MySpace.

MP3: Vain

No comments: