Monday, February 13, 2006

Jens Lekman

You might well know today's featured artist as he's already become quite well-known in Europe, the US and further afield; but if you have heard his music, I doubt you'll object to hearing it again, and if you haven't... we have a treat for you.















Photo by J Stlhammar

Twenty-five year old Jens Lekman is from Gothenburg, Sweden, and has been recording and releasing music since 2000, with his first privately-released material appearing under the name Rocky Dennis quite by accident; this was the title of an EP he put out, but a confused radio station thought Jens himself was called Rocky... and it took him several years to correct that misapprehension! Since 2003, though, he's been releasing his music without any accidental pseudonyms, and has put out several EPs and one album, 2004's When I Said I Wanted To Be Your Dog. The song featured here, Black Cab is taken from a long-sold-old EP released in 2003, but is also available on 2005's Oh You're So Silent Jens, a CD compilation of some of Lekman's earlier EPs and assorted other tracks.















Photo by G. Olson


I'd definitely recommend a visit to Jens Lekman's website, where you'll find plenty of news and information, as well as lots of stuff to listen to & download, an interesting sort of blog, and an online shop run by Jens's sister ("to help her quit her boring job at Burger King") - there's a fair bit of Jens's material available on there, and to make things easy you can use PayPal.















Photo by Jessica Yateman

I love this song, and ever since I heard it for the first time I've not been able to get it out of my head. But I'm not complaining, and I don't think you will be either... enjoy.

MP3: Black Cab

No comments: