Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bullette

**Reposted with bonus track to download**
































A few things to say here. First off, I felt like digging through my MySpace friends list for something obscure or different to post. I am firewalled from MySpace at the office these days (a good thing) so I am scrambling to find music when I get home in this heat with my suit on...uggg. My electric bills are going through the roof due to air conditioners and I know plenty of you are in the same predicament. That's the end of the useless stuff. I featured The Sky Drops a couple of months ago and it turned out to be a personal favorite for me. Half of that incredible duo is featured today in solo form. With friends of course. You have to love when an artist can completely disregard any one genre and create a comfortable place for themself. Not many can do it.















Figuring out how and where to distribute music has to be a daunting task. It might just replace the standard form of genre identification from previous generations as a way to define ours. Monika Bullette is from Wilmington, Delaware and has done what more and more artists have decided to do: give away music. This DIY approach is gaining her plenty of music blog exposure even a year after the songs were first made available. The fact that the music is incredible doesn't hurt either. If you visit the Bullette website you will find that each track has it's own presence. The song I featured is stripped down and simple. In contrast, there are some guitar-heavy tracks and some borderline electronica as well.
















Accompaniment being all-important, I would be remiss in not telling you that she is supported by music legend Hangnail (HC) Phillips on guitar and that's plenty of reason for me to be happy right there.. The Bullette MySpace page is also available for you to visit. The last thing I need to mention for any Ohio folks out there is that the band will be playing in Kent, Ohio on Friday August 18th (my birthday!) so I might try to sneak up there for a listen after work. Buy me a beer if ya see my skinny ass. Shhhh... and enjoy the music.

MP3: Your Eyes Have It

Bonus MP3: Show Me

No comments: