Friday, July 07, 2006

Talkdemonic



























I was hitting up a few of the bigger blogs yesterday and found a great song on Gorilla vs. Bear that needed to be featured here. I've heard a few other instrumental songs by this particular duo that I liked but this one grabbed me. I'm not sure that I've ever posted a song with a banjo featured this clearly out in front. It's kind of nice... Really nice in fact. This song actually brings to mind something that late 80's Rounder Records artists The Horseflies would have done. Anyone remember them?













Talkdemonic
is the duo of Kevin O'Connor and Lisa Molinaro from Portland, Oregon. They started making music together in 2002 and have since gone on to tour with several bands including Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and The National. They released an excellent cd, Beat Romantic on March 21st of this year through Arena Rock Recordings but the song featured here is NOT on it. Instead, it is part of a compilation put out by PDX Pop Now. Stop by the Talkdemonic website to hear some of their past material as well as a current song from the new CD. Also stop by their MySpace page to say hello but don't expect music there. It's just a normal profile and might even be a fan page. Not sure, but I think it is the band?













MP3: Ending the Orange Glow

No comments: